2. Use of the Website
- You agree that the Website’s main purpose is to allow the registration of women wishing to create an expert profile in the database and to provide information thereon. As such, you authorize us to collect your personal data for the purposes of creating your profile, subject to the provisions detailed hereafter.
- You agree to use the Website only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe other persons’ rights or limit or hinder anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the Website. Prohibited behaviour includes causing inconvenience to any person by transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within the Website.
3. Intellectual Property Rights and Use of Website Content
- The Brussels Binder shall not be liable for any damages, including any damages arising from use or loss of data, whether in contract, negligence or other action, arising from or in connection with your use of the Website to the extent permitted by law. In any event, the Brussels Binder’s liability shall not exceed a total amount of EUR 500. 000.
- The Brussels Binder shall moreover not be liable for any indirect or consequential damages, including any loss of profit.
- No implied endorsement. The views of individual users or contributors to the Website expressed are those of members of the public only and do not necessarily represent the opinion of the Brussels Binder or any the Brussels Binder Members. The Brussels Binder or its Members shall have no responsibility in that respect.
- Links to other websites have been included to make this Website as useful as possible. However, the Brussels Binder is not involved in their production and is not responsible for the content or accuracy of information on these linked websites.
- This privacy notice serves to inform you how we collect and use your personal data. Personal data collected by the Brussels Binder shall be treated in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’). The Brussels Binder only collects personal data for specified legitimate purposes, and shall only process the information in accordance with those purposes.
- Individual users are free to make use of the information contained on the Expert’s profile page site for their own (non-commercial) use.
- The Brussels Binder will only process your personal data for the following purposes: (i) for research and statistical purposes (number and frequency of visits to the Website, number of visitors, users’/contributors profiles, pages visited, etc.), (ii) to create your profile online, (iii) to make available your information on the Website for use by the third party users such as for example event organisers and journalists, (iv) to contact you about news and events via our e-mail newsletter.
- The Brussels Binder will only transfer your personal data to website developers, hosting providers, third parties assisting with the newsletter, and, the Brussels Binder team.
- Your personal data shall not be forwarded to third parties unless you give your express authorization or unless disclosure of such information is necessary to identify, investigate or engage in legal proceedings and if required to do so by law.
- We attach great importance to the protection of your personal data and maintain appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and/or against accidental loss, alteration, disclosure or access, or accidental or unlawful destruction of or damage thereto.
- We will maintain your personal data only for as long we are required to do so by applicable law and for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes set out above.
- The Brussels Binder shall moreover make its best efforts to take all necessary measures to ensure the confidentiality of data communicated via the Internet. You hereby recognize, however, that it is not possible to guarantee absolute security in the transfer of data via the Internet. Consequently, personal data are communicated to the Brussels Binder under your full and sole responsibility. The Brussels Binder cannot be held responsible for any incident which may occur during the transmission of the data by you, such as loss of data or piracy of the communication by a third party.
- For services proposed by a third party, via a link available on the Website, the third party is solely responsible for collecting and processing personal data communicated by you. The Brussels Binder shall neither collect nor preserve the data thereby provided by you.
- You have the right to access your personal data, as well as to request the rectification, erasure or restriction of the processing of your personal data. Furthermore, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, as well as to request data portability of your personal data. If you believe that your data protection rights have been violated, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about this notice or wish to exercise your rights set out above, please contact Natalia Macyra at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All entries will be examined by the Brussels Binder. The Brussels Binder reserves the right to treat them according to its own reference criteria. Entries that do not meet the required criteria will not be included in the database. No registration will be published on the brusselsbinder.org website without being reviewed beforehand. The Brussels Binder will refuse the publication of following content:
- Racist or defamatory, abusive, aggressive or violent;
- Advertising or promotional.
- The Brussels Binder reserves the right to apply these rules by deleting some or all of the entries and by temporarily or permanently excluding those who violate the rules in a flagrant, repeated or systematic manner.
- Any published message remains the sole responsibility of its author.
8. Final Clauses
- We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Website, and any service or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We reserve the right at all times to block access to certain parts for the users. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users, including registered users.
- All terms shall be governed by, and interpreted in accordance with Belgian law. The courts of Brussels shall have exclusive jurisdiction.