I'm a French and Canadian citizen, living in Brussels since 2008. I'm a lawyer with expertise in copyright & digital issues (10+ year experience). I am currently Policy Advisor in the Committee for Legal Affairs in the European Parliament, representing the Greens-EFA political group. I am Associate Fellow at Internet & Société Research Centre, CNRS (France).
I was previously parliamentary assistant to Julia Reda, Member of the European Parliament in the Greens-EFA group and member of the Pirate Party. I am co-founder of the COMMUNIA Association, an international non-for-profit organisation promoting the digital public domain.
I was a fellow at the CERDI research institute (Université Paris Sud-11, France), where I started a PhD on the issue of territoriality in copyright law. I was a visiting scholar at the Max Planck Institute for Innovation & Competition (Munich, Germany).
I used to work as a legal advisor in the music industry at the French division of the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) in Paris, before representing the interests of consumers as the coordinator of the IP Policy Committee of the Trans-Atlantic Consumer Dialogue (TACD) in Brussels and Washington D.C.
- Lecturer 2020, 2019, 2018: VUB, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Postgraduate in Media Economics
- 29/04/2019: ABA, Association Belge pour le droit d’Auteur, Lunchcauserie: Cable transmissions, Brussels
19/03/2019: Interview radio: Émission Libre à vous ! Radio Cause Commune
- 13/06/2018: ECTA 37th Annual conference, Athens; keynote speech on the EU Copyright reform
- 16/11/2017 :REDA Conference - Regulation & Enforcement in the Digital Age, European University of Cyprus/University of Cyprus
- 03/04/2015: NYU/HEC Public Interest Clinic, EU workshop, Brussels (http://elabeurope.eu/hec-nyu-clinic/)
- 14/03/2015: Digital Memories Festival, Mundaneum, Mons (BE)
- 08/02/2013: EU Commission DG CONNECT, Onlife Initiative, 'kickstarter' at the session on 'IPR and new business models', Brussels
- 12/04/2012: European Parliament, Towards the Reform of Collective rights management: Time for a Fair Remuneration for Artists, Brussels (< http://www.greens-efa.eu/towards-the-reform-of-collective-rights-management-5609.html