Canadian lawyer with 15+ years experience in international criminal investigations and prosecutions, countering human trafficking and migrant smuggling and international human rights law. Member of the NY Bar and a Certified Fraud Investigator, currently the policy lead on GLO.ACT, joint EU-UNODC Global Action to Address and Prevent Trafficking in Persons and Migrant Smuggling delivering in Asia, Africa, Eastern Europe and Latin America. Ex OSCE, ICC, Hutchins Legal. Direct experience investigating sexual slavery, use of children in armed conflict and forced labour in ICC investigations in Africa, as well as situation analysis to identify possible jurisdiction for the Court in ongoing situations. Areas of expertise including trafficking in persons for organ removal vs. organ trafficking, victim-centred approaches to countering human trafficking, interviewing vulnerable victims including child victims and victims of sexual and gender based violence, key evidential issues at trial in human trafficking cases, the use of anti-money laundering and financial investigations to counter human trafficking, the issue of the victim's consent in human trafficking cases, the non-punishment principle for victims of human trafficking, the rights of child victims of trafficking, trafficking in persons in conflict situations including the link between transnational and international criminal law.
- International Criminal Investigations: Law & Practice is the first of its kind – a resource book on selected topics assessing more than twenty years of international criminal investigations, endorsed by the ICC Prosecutor and Harvard Law Professor.
- 15 min. video interview segment on TRT International's The Newsmakers on Illegal Organ Trade - see minute 14.00+;
- Report of high level judicial symposium in which I featured as a panelist on human trafficking - sharing the agenda with Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor and former ICC Justice Navi Pillay;
- OSCE Issue Paper: Trafficking in Human Beings for Organ Removal - Analysis and Findings (2013) - pathbreaking research analysing modus operandi and organized criminal elements of networks perpetrating this heinous crime on the basis of actual indictments/investigation reports. I led the research project which was later cited in a UN General Assembly Resolution of 2017 on the subject.
- Radio interview in French with United Nations Radio on the link between mass migration and human trafficking, and the vulnerability of migrants to human trafficking. on the occasion of the World Day against TIP 2016.