Astrid Viaud is a policy analyst at Vocal Europe (Think-Tank). Doctor in Political and Social Sciences of the Université Catholique de Louvain (2018), her thesis was about “The coercive action of the European Union with regard to sanctions in the international order: the cases of Iran, Syria, and Russia”. During her doctoral activities, she released:
▪ 5 publications on Myanmar (CECRI 2016), Iran (Egmont 2016, CEPS 2017) and Syria (CEPS 2017) released by 3 think tanks where 2 internships were performed (Egmont, CEPS)
▪ 1 book on the nuclear issue (PUL 2017)
▪ 1 book chapter on the P5+1 (PUL 2018)
▪ 1 analysis of the topical Iranian issue delivered to Diplomatie Magazine (2018)
▪ Topics defended in 4 conferences (Turin 2016, Symposium UCL 2016, UCL 2016, KULeuven 2017)
Fluent in French, English and Spanish, she is learning Persian (Fârsi) at the Institut National des Langues Orientales (INALCO) in Paris.
#Sanctions #EuropeanUnion #Iran #Nuclear #Defense #Weapons #Arms #Syria #Russia
- Interview | RTS | “Le débat – Iran : à quoi bon les sanctions?” | 2019.
- TV interview | Les News 24 | “Iran: tension autour du nucléaire” | 2019.
- Video promotion | “A Possible Empowerment of the EU from the US in its Sanctions Policy?” | 2019.
- Video interview | Foreign Affairs Minister of Portugal | 2019.
- Video interview | Dunja Mijatović (Council of EU Commissioner) | 2019.
- Interview | RTS | “L’Iran suspend certains de ses engagements sur l'accord nucléaire: interview de Astrid Viaud” | 2019.
- Interview | Le Point | « Europe : comment sauver les liens commerciaux avec Téhéran ? » | 2018.
- Interview | “The Europeans will meet to define a strategy on the Iranian nuclear agreement” | Radio Télévision Suisse (RTS) | 2018.
- Lecture | “The incitative/coercive action of the European Union vis-à-vis Iran (2003-2015)” | Université Catholique de Louvain | 2016.