The arts and creative industries have always been my thing: next to having studied Art history and Philosophy in Amsterdam and Berlin, I have been doing arts management in the international cultural sector since 2005. I have worked for various types of organisations, such as a start-up festival in Berlin, the European Commission, European cultural networks or BOZAR in Brussels.
This has enabled me to build up extensive transversal and transnational experience, such as in cultural heritage, interactive digital technology, contemporary arts or design fashion. In 2017 I started my own consultancy firm, Culture le Hic, with which I aim to support the sector strategically and conceptually.
I regularly actively contribute to conferences and workshops, in different roles, such as speaker, workshop organiser, moderator, or master of ceremony. Covered topics range from arts and culture, arts management, policy development to technology. In addition, I have been a tutor for many years and through that have gained much experience speaking in front of and guiding groups. I have proven record of presenting in four different languages: English, French, German and Dutch.
My participation includes the following organisations and institutions:
- Oslo Region European Office, Belgium
- EuropeDirect Ostbelgien, Belgium
- Creative Europe Desk Warsaw, Poland
- Università della Calabria, Italy
- National Film Centre of Latvia
- Creative Skills Europe project, Germany
- Sint-Lucas Gent, Belgium
- TechHub Riga, Latvia
- Representation of Thuringia to the EU, Belgium
- The European Commission (Lifelong Learning Programme)
- International Summerschool for Visual Art Salzburg, Austria
- Eye Filmmuseum Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Goethe-Universität Frankfurt, Germany
- New York University, USA
- Flachland festival Berlin, Germany
- Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
- Universiteit van Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Arte (Germany)
- Bruzz (Belgium)