Dr. Christina Bache has extensive experience analyzing fragile and conflict settings, establishing sustainable peace frameworks, and promoting positive private sector engagement in fragile and conflict-affected states. She also has experience in developing and conducting risk assessments, social audits, and operational frameworks for the peace-private sector nexus for a wide range of NGOs and international organizations. She is currently conducting research on the impact of the private sector on peace in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) for a book project with Palgrave Macmillan.
Christina is Co-Chair of the International Crisis Group's Ambassador Council and is a Steering Committee Member of the United Nations Principles for Responsible Management Education, Business for Peace working group. She is an Advisory Council Member for the Livelihood Innovation through Food Entrepreneurship initiative and is a member of Co-Opinion Network's study group on youth employment in MENA; Hollings Center's dialogue groups on Profits to Peace, Iraq’s Foreign Policy and Economic Challenges and U.S.-Egypt Relations; International Studies Association; European Consortium for Political Research; and is the Co-Founder of the Women in Foreign Policy Turkey chapter.
Christina received her PhD from the Department of Politics and International Studies at the University of Warwick in the UK. Her dissertation focused on the impact of the private sector on human security and peace in fragile and conflict-affected states. Her case study delved into the impact of the Turkish private sector on economic security and peace in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. Christina received her MA in International Peace and Conflict Resolution and BA in International Relations from American University in Washington, DC.
Originally from Texas, Christina has traveled extensively through and worked abroad in Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and North Africa, and Turkey.
- Guest Speaker, “Impact of the Syria Conflict on Social Cohesion in Turkey,” EMBA Consortium for Global Business, September 2017, Istanbul
- Member, Working Group on “Rendering Young People More Employable: The Role of the Private Sector,” Co-Opinion Network, August 2017, Hammamet, Tunisia
- Moderator and Participant, “Profits for Peace,” Hollings Center for International Dialogue, July 2017, Dubai
- Guest Speaker, “Private Sector’s Contribution to Sustainable Peace,” Averos Conference, May 2017, Istanbul
- Chair, “Addressing the Refugee Crisis: New Ways Forward,” Atlantic Council Economic and Energy Summit, Istanbul, April 2017, Istanbul
- Keynote Speaker, “Women, Peace and Security,” Education Foundation’s Annual Fundraiser, March 2017, Copperas Cove, Texas
- Keynote Speaker, “Women, Sustainable Peace and Inclusive Security,” Social Impact Summit, November 2016, Istanbul
- Member, Working Group on, “Vulnerability and Inclusion in Developing Countries,” Leeds University, November 2016, Leeds
- Guest Speaker, “Syrian Humanitarian Crisis: A Regional Perspective,” United Nations Women Division-Women in Foreign Policy, November 2016, Istanbul
- Guest Speaker/Member, “Economic Security Challenges in the Middle East,” Working Group on Youth Unemployment in the MENA, Rockefeller Foundation and Co-Opinion Network, November 2016, Bellagio