A chemical engineering by training, Ms Marzetti has worked as a Systems Engineer Consultant for innovative transport and energy projects within smart cities architecture in the UK and Australia.
Between 2016 and 2017, Giulia has worked as an engineer for a hydrogen energy storage project in Scotland, first of this kind. Her expertise in Sustainable Infrastructures and Climate Change has brought her to be a delegate at the 12th Conference of Youth as part of COP22 in Marrakesh, a Talent of the UN Innovation Lab for Sustainable Development Goals and a Delegate at the Yunus Social Design Lab in Bangladesh.
Giulia is a Founding member of Youth Organization for SDGs, an Italian association raising awareness of environmental issues and SDGs in an Italian context and engaging communities connecting them with sustainability local initiatives. She was a youth speaker with the UN Major Group for Children and Youth at the G.STIC Conference in Brussels and a panelist at the last COP24 for the EU side event “Tapping the potential of Mediterranean Youth in climate action”.
Giulia has been a fellow at the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) Climate-KIC Pioneers into Practice Programme, where she developed innovative carbon capture membranes. She is now a Local Representative for the Climate-KIC Alumni Association in London and a representative for the Women@EIT initiative, where she aims to raise awareness of women in scientific professions.
After and experience in the European Commission’s Directorate General for Energy Ms Marzetti is now overseeing Horizon 2020 projects at the forefront of transport and innovation technologies. Ms Marzetti also delivered a training on fusion energy, a very innovative topic which is constantly raising questions. Her expertises are in energy transition, electric and green vehicles, clean transport, energy storage and batteries, and youth activism for climate change.
- Speaker at the EU Side event "Tapping the potential of Mediterranean Youth in climate action" at COP24 (Poland,’18)
- UN MGCY Youth Speaker on Energy Positive Communities at the Global Science Technology and Innovation Conference GSTIC Conference (Brussels,’18)
- Speaker at Winter Enrichment Programme (WEP) at KAUST University: Presented research on Carbon Capture Membranes (Saudi Arabia,’17)
- Founder: Youth in Action for SDGs, Italian first UN SDGs NGO
- UNLEASH SDG Innovation Lab, Denmark; chosen as one of Top 1000+ SDG talents globally (2017)
- Delegate 12thConference of Youth (Marrakesh, 2016)
- Delegate at Social Business Design Lab (Bangladesh, 2015)
- Leader: Young Leader at 2050 Climate Group, EIT Climate-KIC Alumni London Local Representative
- Winner of the International contest "FoodSaving Bocconi Expo Competition" organized by UN, EU Commission,FAO (2015)