From the socio-cultural world to the music industry, Lyne Brenac has been running events and launching platforms for international NGOs, feminists collectives, LGBTI+ organisations, etc.
Over the course of nine years with CISV International, she ran numerous trainings on diversity, human rights, conflict resolution, and sustainable development. She was then one of the key members of the LGBTQI+ working group, where she created an international analysis strategy for pratices, policies, behavior norms regarding gender and sexual/romantic orientation.
She joined the team of The Belgian Pride asbl for the 2019 edition, the last in-person Pride event in Brussels since the covid-19 pandemic. She also got hired to run the 2021 edition as well as working on durable working practices for the ever-changing organisation.
She started another path in the music industry, quickly noticed the lack of womxn in the music industry. That was the spark that launched the first Femme Jam Sessions in 2019. She then applied her organisational skills to her passion for music, and supported several musical projects as musician manager.
She now primarly focuses on womxn musician, including the topic of gender-based violence and the place of women and people from gender minorities in the music industry.
▻▻ more can be found on my website. Talks include :
- No Ambiguity about Bisexuality - Online Training for the UK Mission to the EU (2021)
- She/They Sounds - Radio show for womxn in music for Radio Vacarme (2022 - ..)
- The current situation for womxn in music in Brussels - Talk for JM International (2021)
- Introduction to Gender & LGBTQI+ Topics - Training session for CISV International (2018-...)
- Peace Education - Conflict Resolution, Diversity, Human Rights, Sustainable Development - series of trainings on a variety of topics for CISV International (2015 - 2021)
▻▻ more updates on my instagram @lynxandme