Raquel Jorge-Ricart is a Policy Analyst on Technology, Digital and Cyber Policy at Elcano Royal Institute think tank. She is a former Fulbright Fellow in Washington, DC (Elliott School of International Affairs, GWU), where she specialized in technology and digital policy, and its implications on strategic risk management as well as security and foreign policy. Raquel has worked on policymaking projects at the Harvard University’s Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society, and at the GWU’s Institute for Science and Technology Policy, on cybersecurity and 5G issues related to trade and industry, cities, defense and security, and fundamental rights.
Raquel is a member of the Spanish Observatory on the Social and Ethical Impact of Artificial Intelligence, and she collaborates with the think tank Elcano Royal Institute. Raquel earned a master’s degree in International Relations and African Studies from the University of Madrid, and a double bachelor’s degree in Political Science and Sociology from the University of Valencia (Spain) and Université Paris-X (France).
- Appointed as “35 Under 35” Young Emerging Leaders across Europe List (Santander Bank-CIDOB). November 2020.
- Moderator at the Internet Governance Forum-Spain. Roundtable: Geopolitics of technology and telecommunications. October 22, 2020. Alongside Manuel Muñiz (Spain’s Secretary of State for Global Spain), Julien Nocetti (IFRI), Jason Munyan (United Nations’ Advisor on Digital Cooperation), Andres Ortega (Elcano Royal Institute), Tim Rühlig (Swedish Institute for International Affairs).
- Speaker at “Technology at the service of multilateralism: 2030 Agenda”, alongside UN officers. Invited and co-organized by the Spain’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Esglobal. October 22, 2020.
- Speaker and Lecturer at the Spain’s National Police Academy (Cyb3r W4ll). Topic: Cyber crime and AI nexus: transnational threats. September 2020.
- Speaker at “Cities and Data”. Invited by the Polytechnic University of Madrid (itdUPM). May 23, 2020.
- [Podcast, radio] Digitization challenges for the European Union. Cosas de hackers. December 4, 2020.
- [Podcast, radio] International military cooperation on cyberspace. Sierra Delta Podcast. December 10, 2019.