Valentina holds a Ph.D. in Labour Studies from the University of Milan (IT). Her research interests are at the intersection between education and the labour market, dealing with: organization of higher education systems, digital higher education, skills and labour market situation of youth. She is currently Marie Sklodowska-Curie Fellow with a research project on social implication of MOOCs and she spent one academic year as visiting scholar at Stanford University. She has also worked for the European Commission-Joint Research Center.
Recent publications are:
- Goglio V., Parigi P. 2018 “The social dimension of participation and completion in MOOCs” Proceedings of LWMOOCS V – Learning with MOOCS 2018, 26-28 September 2018, Madrid, Spain
- Bertolini S., Goglio V., Moiso V., Torrioni P.M. 2018. “Leaving home in insecure conditions. The impact of welfare state and housing market in Europe” in Studies of Transition States and Societies (forthcoming)
- Young adult occupational transition regimes in Europe: does gender matter? (with R.Rizza, International Journal of Sociology and Social Policy, 2018)
- Processes and Stages of Differentiation in European Higher Education (with M.Regini, Higher Education Quarterly 2017).
Since 2010 I participated in 20 conferences and have been invited speaker at 5 workshops. Most recent conferences are:
- Learning with MOOCs Conference (LWMOOCV) (Madrid, Spain). 26-28 September 2018.
- 36th International Labour Process Conference (ILPC) (Buenos Aires, Argentina). 21-23 March 2018
- 29th Annual Meeting of SASE (Lyon, France). 28 June-1 July 2017
- ENHR Workshop Homeownership in Transition, University of Granada (Spain). 11-12 May 2017
- Le Nuove Frontiere Della Sociologia Economica, SISEC (Società Italiana di Sociologia Economica), Università “La Sapienza”, Roma (IT). 26-28 January 2017.
- Universities’ engagement in knowledge exchange: What do successful strategies look like?, Birkbeck College, University of London (London, UK). 29th June 2016. Session Chair.
- 28th Annual Meeting of SASE (Berkeley, USA). 24-26 June 2016. Title: “Processes and Stages of Differentiation in European Higher Education” with M. Regini.
- 1st Italian European Values Study Conference (Trento, IT). 12-13 November 2015. Title: “Becoming independent among European Youth with different “home-leaving” models” with P. Torrioni.