The Visibility Watch EU (viEUw) project was set-up by The Brussels Binder, in partnership with (and funding from) the Friedrich Ebert Foundation (FES). It runs (initially) for 1,5 years, from June 2021 until November 2022.
This call is for a Research & Methodology (R&M) consultant for the viEUw project, to take over the current consultant from June 2022 onwards.
This is a part-time position to support the Project Coordinator (Pauline Chetail) with the work in WP3 as well as the project’s board work, as detailed in the work plan. Specifically, this entails support with:
- Co-ordinating the team of 10+ monitoring volunteers and attending team meetings,
- Setting-up a research methodology for the “monitoring month” (set for June 2022),
- Analysing the data collected in the “monitoring month” and drawing conclusions,
- Drafting the research report,
- Finalising the report (support with the editing and layout),
- Preparing and implementing the report’s promotion.
The R&M Consultant will be hired over the period 1 June – 30 November 2022 initially. There is a (unpaid) summer break in July and August for all staff involved in the project, so this can be considered a 4-month-long assignment. Subject to further funding for the project, the position could be extended.
We estimate the amount of work the R&M Consultant would carry out at ~10 hours per month. The total budget available for the period is 1,200€.
Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter by 23.59 CEST on Saturday 14 May 2022 to email@example.com.
The cover letter should:
- explain the candidate’s motivation to undertake the project
- demonstrate the candidate’s suitability for the role
- include links to previous research work the candidate has carried out
- be maximum 2 pages
The applications will be reviewed by the Project Coordinator, one member of the Visibility Watch EU board, and one member of the Brussels Binder’s Management Committee.
6 May Launch of the call
14 May Deadline to receive applications
Week of 16 May Phone or Visio call with shortlisted candidates
Week of 23 May Selected candidate is informed and invited to accept the offer
1 June Start of the work on the project
Please note that a team strategy day is planned on Saturday 4 June afternoon, and a board meeting on Sunday 5 June afternoon. These get-togethers are in-person, in Brussels, and the presence of the selected candidate will be highly appreciated.
Photo by Christina @ wocintechchat.com